Chocolate Zucchini Space Cake
Chocolate zucchini space cake is out-of-this-world delicious. It is full of chocolate gooey goodness and has a moist, velvety texture.
The Infusion – Cannabutter
You can use cannabutter or cannamargarine for cannabis chocolate zucchini cake. You could also infuse milk or oil if it is more convenient for you. Once infused with fat, the cannabinoids distribute evenly throughout the batter. Therefore, well mixed batter allows for consistent dosing. Visit edibles tools for information about decarbing, infusing and dosing before making edibles.
Zucchini makes the cannabis chocolate zucchini cake incredibly moist. When choosing a zucchini, you can use any size. Cut the zucchini into manageable size pieces and remove the soft inner core with the seeds. Be especially careful to not remove the peel. At this point, you can grate the zucchini. If you want to save time, you can use a blender or food processor. Also, you can thaw frozen zucchini and use it instead of using fresh zucchini.
Make Cake Batter
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, cream together cannabutter and sugar. Add vegetable oil, milk/cannamilk, eggs and vanilla. Beat until well mixed being careful not to over mix. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Mix in the zucchini. Cake batter is ready for the pan.
Pour the chocolate zucchini cake batter into greased or parchment lined 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over batter. Place on middle rack of oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Place on cooling rack until cake is cooled. Divide into 12 equal sized pieces.
Cannabis and Chocolate
Everything tastes better with chocolate, especially cannabis. Even better is the fact that cannabis chocolate zucchini cake has double the chocolate. Both cocoa and chocolate chips are used for a moist, sweet, chocolate delight.
Make It Last
Cannabis chocolate zucchini cake freezes well and can be stored in the freezer for four to six months. Half of a cake fits nicely in a large freezer bag. On the other hand, you could freeze your cake in individual portions to make life easier. You can cover the cake and store it for up to a week in the fridge.
What Flour is Best For Chocolate Zucchini Space Cake?
Do I need to use cake and pastry flour for cannabis chocolate zucchini cake? No, you can use all purpose flour. Although cake and pastry flour is lighter than all-purpose flour, you can use either one safely. Usually, recipes use all-purpose flour unless specified otherwise.
Store Edibles Safely
Always store cannabis infused chocolate zucchini cake and other edibles away from children and pets. Mark edibles that you make with THC warning labels also. Download the THC symbol on the Edibles Tools page.
There are a few things you will need to make chocolate zucchini space cake. For example:
Chocolate Zucchini Space Cake
- 1/2 cup cannabutter or cannamargarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil regular or cannabis infused
- 1/2 cup milk regular, sour, cannamilk or buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups zucchini (shredded)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large mixing bowl, cream together cannabutter and sugar.
- Add vegetable oil, milk, eggs and vanilla
- Mix together until well incorporated being careful not to over mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda cinnamon and cloves and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients. Mix well being careful not to overmix the batter. It will be quite stiff at this point.
- Mix grated zucchini into the batter until incorporated.
- Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking pan. You may line the pan with parchment for easier removal of the cake.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured or parchment lined 9″ x 13″ cake pan. Smooth out the batter.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350° F for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Place on cooling rack until cake is thoroughly cooled. Cut into 12 equal sized portions.
VariationInstead of using cinnamon and cloves, you could use peppermint extract for a cool, minty flavour.
MilkYou can use regular milk, buttermilk, cannamilk or sour milk for cannabis chocolate zucchini space cake. To make sour milk, add 1/2 Tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice to 1/2 cup of milk. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes to obtain the desired acidity.
Share your own recipes on Stoners Cookbook Community.