This delicious New York Style Berry Weed Cheesecake has Wow! factor. It’s a twist on a traditional New York Style Cheese Cake with cannabutter and tincture. Enjoy this soft and creamy dessert for breakfast, lunch or dinner… and, of course, it’s great for snacking on right out of the fridge.
Start With an Infused Crust
The traditional crust for cheesecake is made with graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar with a pinch of salt. However, you must infuse this recipe from the bottom to the top. In order to do this, start by using cannabutter instead of butter in the crust. (See recipe below.)
Making The Creamy Weed Cheesecake Filling
New York style cheesecake is traditionally made with cream cheese, butter, sour cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon and salt. To ensure sufficient wow factor in this recipe, use cannabutter instead of butter and add additional strong tincture* (optional). (See recipe below.)
Final Finish With Berry on Top
Although you don’t need to add anything to top off this delicious weed cheesecake, topping adds to the wow factor. You can make a simple infused topping by cooking fruit, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice in a saucepan and cooking it until it is thick. Finally, stir in cannabutter and drizzle over individual pieces of cheesecake. (See Recipe below.)
Helpful Tips For Making Weed Cheesecake
Make sure your ingredients are room temperature before mixing them together. The mixing process will go much smoother this way.
Don’t skip the step of placing the springform pan in water. Water prevents the top from cracking and ensures a smooth, moist, even texture.
How To Make Wow Factor Weed Cheesecake
- Spring Form Pan
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup cannabutter
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp strong tincture (optional)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup cannabutter
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Wrap outside of springform pan with foil.
- Find a baking pan or roasting pan that is larger than the springform pan that can hold the springform pan laying flat in 1 inch of water.
Make the Crust
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted cannabutter and sugar. Press mixture into the bottom of springform pan. Set aside.
Make the Filling
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, mix sugar and room temperature cream cheese until completely combined.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, tincture and salt. Mix until completely combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix slowly until completely combined.
- Add sour cream and mix until combined being careful not to overmix.
- Pour batter into springform pan (on top of crust).
- Place the foil-lined springform pan inside larger pan and fill with water until it is 1 inch up the side of the springform pan. Place in oven on middle rack.
- Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes at 325°F. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Remove springform pan from water and set on cooling rack until it is cool enough to put in the fridge.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cheesecake. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Remove cheesecake from springform pan.
- In a saucepan or frying pan, mix together fruit, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Heat to a boil over medium heat.
- Continue cooking on medium until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add cannabutter, stir together.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, then pour over cold cheesecake. Serve immediately.
Storing CheescakeStore weed cheesecake in the fridge, covered, for up to one week. Also, you can wrap chilled cheesecake tightly in plastic and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Storing Leftover Weed Cheesecake
In case you don’t finish all of your weed cheesecake within a week of it being in the fridge, you can tightly wrap it in plastic and throw it in the freezer. Cheesecake will store in the freezer for up tp 3 months. Simply take it out of the freezer and thaw overnight in the fridge.
Check out great recipes and share your own on Pinlicious.com