Liquor Soaked Infused Cherries with Cannabis
The Infusion – Alcohol
You can start your liquor soaked infused cherries by making a tincture with Everclear or Bacardi 151. Coarsely grind and thoroughly dry cannabis. Decarb for 40 minutes at 240° F. Mix with your desired amount of decarbed cannabis with 3 ounces of liquor. Soak for 5 minutes, then strain out the plant material with a fine strainer. At this point, you can top up the liquor if necessary. Alternatively, you can buy alcohol based cannabis tincture from your local retailer and adjust the amount of alcohol accordingly.
Evan Cherries – An Explosion of Flavour
Rinse, remove stems and pit cherries. Layer cherries and sugar by thirds into jar. Although Evans cherries are quite tart on their own, sugar evens out their acidity. Definitely, they are the best choice for liquor soaked infused cherries.
Liquor Marries It All Together
Pour infused liquor over the cherries and sugar. Cap the jar and shake gently to mix the contents. Set in a cool, dark place for 3 to 4 weeks. Liquor adds yet another dimension of flavour. However, if you find the cherries are still a bit tart, you can add more sugar and let them age a bit longer. Nonetheless, you could use more sugar in the next batch of liquor soaked infused cherries.
Mixing Alcohol and Cannabis
Although they taste great together, you should always be careful when consuming alcohol with cannabis. Cannabis can accelerate the effects of alcohol. The combination can rapidly bring on the spins, depending on how much you consumed. Likewise, alcohol can accelerate the effects of THC, getting you high within minutes instead of hours. Liquor soaked infused cherries should therefore be consumed responsibly.
Safe Storage of Edibles
Always keep your edibles out of reach of children and pets. If you need to store liquor soaked infused cherries in the fridge, consider getting a simple lock to put on the fridge. Otherwise, you could put cherries or other edibles in a childproof or lockable container such as a small plastic toolbox. Always make sure that your home made edibles are labelled to indicate THC.
Some ingredients you will need to make liquor soaked infused cherries:
*Links to Amazon
Liquor Soaked Infused Cherries
- 2 cups sour cherries pitted
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tbsp infused liquor tincture
- Wash a 500 mL mason jar and sterilize by putting in the oven at 225° F for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Remember not to touch the jar, it is very hot and will burn your skin. Sterilize lid by soaking in hot but not boiling water while you prepare the cherries.
- Rinse cherries under cold water. Remove all stems and pits from the cherries.
- Add about 1/3 of the cherries to the jar. Pour one Tablespoon of sugar over the cherries. Add the next 1/3 of cherries to the jar and pour one more tablespoon of sugar over. Add the last 1/3 of the cherries to the jar, leaving one inch headspace. Pour one Tablespoon of sugar over the cherries.
- Pour 3 to 4 ounces of cannabis tincture over the cherries. If your tincture contains several doses of THC, then you can use a portion containing tincture and the remaining portion is straight alcohol. Seal jar tightly and shake gently to distribute the sugar and tincture throughout the cherries.
- Store the container in the cupboard or pantry out of direct light for about 3 to 4 weeks to fully infuse. Gently shake the cherries once a week to distribute the sugar and liquid.
- Refrigerate after opening. Store in fridge for several months, making sure that no children have access to the fridge.
- Consume in moderation because cannabis can intensify the effects of alcohol.
- Always label container to indicate that the contents contain THC.
VariationYou can use cherries with the pits inside, but you must poke a couple of pin holes in each cherry.
You may also like: