Cannabis Sugar Cookies: Simply Great
Cannabis sugar cookies can be made in any colour or flavour. These simple cookies taste great with or without added flavour.
Use margarine or butter that has been infused with cannabis for sugar cookies. Make sure your cannabutter or cannamargarine is room temperature before mixing the ingredients together.
Mixing The Dough
To make cannabis sugar cookies, start by creaming together cannabutter and sugar. Add egg, food colouring and vanilla and mix until creamy. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated, being careful to not over mix.
Divide dough into 12 equal portions using an ice cream scoop. Rolls into balls and press tops in sugar. You can use regular white granulated sugar or coarse sanding sugar. Evenly space coated dough balls on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Gently press dough down to about 3/4″ thickness.
Bake Cannabis Infused Sugar Cookies
Bake sugar cookies, one tray at a time in preheated 375° F oven for 13 to 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to one week or store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Good looking food temps our eyes and entices us to taste it. There are many different ways of jazzing up your cookies so have fun, get creative and express yourself through food.
Some things you may need to dress up your cookies are:
Colour your sugar cookie dough by adding food colouring to the wet ingredients in the recipe. It is a good idea to stock your kitchen with several different colours.
Rolling your sugar cookie dough in white sugar before baking creates a sparkly, eye catching appearance. Sanding sugar is more coarse and reflects even more light. This adds a dramatic visual effect as well as texture.
Make Edibles Taste Great
Don’t forget flavour. There are many exciting flavours you can add to sugar cookies. Use good quality flavours and concentrated oils. Some popular flavours include orange, mint, anise, butterscotch, grape and lemon. Ground spices can also be used including cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
Always consume edibles responsibly and don’t consume too much at once. Use the Dosing Edibles Calculator to determine the amount of THC per serving in your sugar cookies. Store all edibles safely out of reach of children and pets.
Cannabis Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup cannabutter or cannamargarine
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 tsp green food coloring
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cream together butter or margarine and 3/4 cup sugar. Add egg, vanilla or custom flavour and food colouring. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and powder. Add to wet mixture and mix until incorporated, being careful not to over mix. If the dough is too crumbly and won’t come together, knead by hand for a minute or two.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide dough into 12 equal portions. Roll into balls and coat tops by pressing into sugar. Spread evenly on 2 parchment lined baking sheets. Gently press down to flatten dough to about 3/4″ thick.
- Bake each sheet separately for 13 to 15 minutes at 375° F.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.
Different ColoursYou can use any colour you like or no colour at all. Some colours that create fabulous looking cookies include green, red, orange, blue and purple.
Different FlavoursSubstitute vanilla with custom flavours like mint, lemon, grape, anise and more. You can use natural or artificial flavours from your favorite brands. Concentrated oils also work but you may have to use less. Dried spices like ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg can be used as well by mixing them into the dry ingredients.
Share your own recipes on Pinlicious.com.