Cannabis Double Chocolate Cookies
Cannabis double chocolate cookies are easy to make and taste amazing.
Why Cannabis and Chocolate Go So Well Together
Chocolate can intensify and prolong the high from cannabis. This is a bonus for people consuming cannabis for medical purposes because their medicine can last longer. Another bonus is that chocolate also makes cannabis taste incredibly delicious. Therefore, if you love chocolate and cannabis, you need to keep this double chocolate cookies recipe in your kitchen.
Decarb and Infuse First
Be sure that you decarb your cannabis first by heating your nugs in the oven at 240° F for 25 to 30 minutes. Infuse with butter, margarine or shortening. For more information, visit Edibles Tools.
Make Cookie Dough
Cream butter and sugar together, then add vanilla and eggs and mix until creamy. Sift all dry ingredients together, add to wet mixture and mix until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chip and you’re ready to roll.
Split the dough into 12 equal portions. Roll into balls. Spread out on 2 parchment lined cookie sheets and press each ball down to 5/8″ thick. Bake at 375°F for about 15 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
Tips For Making Cannabis Double Chocolate Cookies
Make sure that you thoroughly mix all of your dry ingredients before adding them to the wet mixture. Unfortunately, cocoa can get clumpy and may result in bitter, powdery blobs in your finished cookies. To prevent this, use a mixing bowl that is large enough to whisk all of the dry ingredients together. This is important because you don’t want to waste cannabis on double chocolate cookies that don’t taste great.
Edibles Safe Storage
You should package all of your edibles including double chocolate cookies in single serve portions in sealed packaging. Always mark your edibles packaging with the THC warning symbol and store securely out of reach of children and pets. Download THC symbol below for free.
Some things you will need to make Cannabis Double Chocolate Cookies:
Cannabis Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canna butter or canna margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 375° F
- Cream together cannabutter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until creamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in two additions, mixing in between. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide cookie dough into 12 equal portions. Roll into balls. Spread out evenly on 2 parchment lined baking sheets. Press dough balls down to 5/8″ thickness.
- Bake each sheet separately at 375° F for 15 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Store cookies in sealed container in the fridge for up to one week or store in freezer for up to 3 months.
VariationsSpicy: Add 1 Tbsp of Hot Hungarian Paprika and 1 tsp ground cardamom to dry ingredients. Salty: Press tops of dough balls into course salt to enhance sweetness and add texture. Ice Cream Sandwich: Place a thick slice of hard ice cream between two cookies, press gently together and place in freezer until cookies are frozen. Put into sealed containers and return to freezer.
Share your own recipes on Pinlicious.com.