Cannabis Chocolate Chip Cookies
This very simple recipe for chocolate chip cookies has a firmer dough than most recipes. It makes 12 large, great tasting cookies with the perfect texture and perfect dough to chocolate ratio.
Use cannabutter, cannamargarine or cannashortening for making cannabis infused chocolate chip cookies. Visit Edibles Tools to learn how to infuse cannabis with butter, margarine and more.
Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before mixing them together. This step will make your life a whole lot easier. Cream together cannabutter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix until creamy. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together, then add to wet ingredients. Mix until incorporated but don’t over mix. Finally, stir in chocolate chips. Cannabis chocolate chip cookie dough is complete.
Bake In Oven
Divide cookie dough into 12 equal portions. Roll dough into balls and space evenly on 2 parchment lined baking sheets. Squish down gently so that dough is 1/2″ to 3/4″ thick. Bake each tray separately in 375°F oven. Since the cookies are quite large, they need to bake about 15 minutes. Check cookies at 12 minutes just to make sure they don’t burn.
Tips For Making Cannabis Infused Chocolate Chip Cookies
Add a Tablespoon of milk powder to the dry ingredients of your chocolate chip cookies to add chewiness.
To finish them off, you can try sprinkling your chocolate chip cookies with salt for added flavour dimension and texture. Interestingly, salt intensifies the sweetness of sugar.
Save Time By Making Quick Cannabutter
You don’t have to spend hours making cannabutter. You can make quick cannbutter by mixing finely ground cannabis flower with butter, margarine or shortening. Heat gently over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, being careful not to let it boil. Cool until solidified and use in recipes.
Cannabis Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup cannabutter or cannamargarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour If you are using quick cannabutter, reduce flour by 1 Tbsp for every 4 grams of dried flower
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cream together cannabutter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix well being careful not to over mix.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Add to the creamed mixture.
- Mix well without over mixing. Add chocolate chips.
- Mix chocolate chips into the dough by hand until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion of dough into a ball, them squish down to about 3/4″ thick. Space out evenly on 2 parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake each tray separately for 15 minutes at 375° F. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack.
For Softer CookiesFor softer cookies, you can use cannashortening instead of margarine or butter. Also, cake and pastry flour can be used instead of all purpose flour for added softness.
For Chewy CookiesUse 3/4 cup of brown sugar and eliminate granulated white sugar for cookies that are more chewy.
Some items you will need to make cannabis chocolate chip cookies:
You may also like:
Share your own recipes on Pinlicious.com.