Make delectable cannabis sticky buns with simple ingredients. These infused cinnamon delights are not eaten, they are experienced. The most ooey gooey, sticky, delicious, sweet sensations precede a comfortable buzz.
Infusing Canna Sticky Buns
You can use canna milk in the dough to infuse canna sticky buns. There is also ¼ cup butter or cannabutter in the dough. Otherwise, use cannabutter in the goo and filling if you desire.
For more information about dosing, infusing and decarboxylation, please visit Edibles Tools page.
Making The Dough
Cannabis sticky buns dough-making is a simple procedure that can be done quickly with a stand mixer. Let all ingredients achieve room temperature with the exception of the milk/canna milk. Use milk that is 105°F or just above body temperature.
1 ¼ cup milk or cannamilk
2 ¼ tsp or 1 package instant dry yeast
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
¼ cup unsalted butter or cannabutter, melted
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ tsp salt
If using a stand mixer, measure all ingredients into the mixing bowl, then attach the dough hook to the machine. Knead canna sticky buns dough for 3 minutes. If you don’t have a stand mixer, mix ingredients with a wooden spoon. Knead dough by hand for 5 minutes.
Transfer dough to a bowl that has been rubbed with oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let the canna sticky buns dough rise until doubled in size. This usually takes 1 ½ to 2 hours. However, you can speed the process up by setting the covered bowl of dough on a heating pad. (Heat pads from seed sprouting kits work well for this.)
Canna Sticky Buns Goo Preparation
Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
½ cup unsalted butter or cannabutter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup maple syrup
In order to make canna sticky buns goo, mix butter/cannabutter, brown sugar and maple syrup in a mixing bowl. Spread mixture in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan. Set aside for later.
Assembly and Filling
Prepare the filling.
1 cup brown sugar
1 ½ Tbsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup melted butter or cannabutter
Stir together brown sugar, butter/cannabutter and cinnamon until crumbly. Set this aside.
Take risen dough and place on a floured surface. Roll out the dough into a 18” x 22” rectangle. Once shaped, spread brown sugar, butter/cannabutter and cinnamon mixture over. Carefully roll up the dough from the longer side. Cut the canna sticky buns dough roll into 12 equal sized pieces. Finally, place pieces into prepared 9 x 13 pan, spacing evenly apart. Cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap. Let buns rise for one hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Take risen canna sticky buns and uncover them. Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes until they are rich golden brown. Remove from oven and place pan on cooling rack for 15 minutes.
Invert the pan onto a large serving tray. Make sure you get all of the goo out of the pan and onto the sticky buns.
Sticky buns are best served fresh but can be reheated in the microwave to recreate the soft texture.
Variation Wake N Bake Canna Sticky Buns
After cutting the dough into 12 pieces and spacing apart evenly in the pan, cover the pan and put it in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, take canna sticky buns out of the fridge and place into a cold oven. Set heat to 350°F and dough will rise as the oven heats. Once oven hits 350°F, continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool 15 minutes, invert and serve.
Cannabis Sticky Buns
- 1 1/4 cup Milk or Cannamilk at 105°F
- 2 1/4 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Room Temperature
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter or Cannabutter, melted
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter or Cannabutter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Butter or Cannabutter
Dough Making Instructions
- Measure all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix with stand mixer and dough hook until combined, then knead for 3 minutes.By hand, mix with a wooden spoon and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place dough into greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Goo Making Instructions
- Mix all ingredients together and spread evenly in the bottom of 9″ x 13″ pan. Set aside.
Making The Filling
- Mix all filling ingredients together. Set Aside.
Assembling Canna Sticky Buns
- Roll risen dough out into a 12″ x 18″ rectangle.
- Spread filling evenly over dough rectangle.
- Roll up dough starting on the long side
- Cut roll into 12 equal sized pieces and space out evenly on top of the goo in the 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Cover with a towel and let rolls rise for 1 hour.
Baking Sticky Buns
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove towel from risen sticky buns. Put in preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place pan on cooling rack for 15 minutes
- Invert onto large serving plate.
- Enjoy in moderation.
Wake and Bake Cannabis Sticky BunsAfter cutting roll into 12 pieces and placing in the pan on top of the goo, cover pan and put in the fridge overnight. In the morning, place pan into a cold oven. Preheat oven to 350°F and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and set on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Invert and serve.
More Cannabis Edibles Recipes
Share your own recipes on Stoners Cookbook Community.