Cannabis infused gummies are incredibly delicious and most people love to eat them. However, making your own gummies is not necessarily so easy.
How many times have you tried making gummies and failed? After you pour your gummies into the molds, they look fabulous. Thinking you have made the perfect gummies, you let them cool down. Fast forward to a few hours later and your anticipation turns to shock when you look at your gummies. The dreaded white layer of coconut oil has settled on top and you have a two-toned gummy mess.
When infused gummy-making fails, not only do you waste candy, you waste valuable cannabis. In order to ensure an edibles recipe works for you, do a test run without cannabis. Just use regular coconut oil instead of infused oil for your test run. That way, if your gummies don’t turn out, you haven’t wasted weed.
Ingredients For Gummies
The ingredients in cannabis infused gummies are basic and easily found in most grocery stores. If you like sweeter gummies, add some sugar or honey to the recipe.
- LorAnn Flavor
- Soy Lecithin
- Infused Coconut Oil
Using Lecithin to Make Gummies
Soya lecithin is one type of lecithin. Lecithin is crucial to infused gummy-making because it holds the oil and water in suspension so your ingredients don’t separate. It is available in many forms including granules, powder and liquid. If your gummies are not successful, try using a different form of lecithin.
Sunflower lecithin is available in powder form and can be used to make infused gummies.
Try mixing lecithin with oil (or tincture) before mixing with other ingredients.
Other Methods of Making Cannabis Infused Gummies
There are several different ways of making gummies. If you have a method that you like to use, please share in the Comments section below.
You must be logged in to submit a comment. If you’re not a member yet, register now. It’s always free to join!
Cannabis Infused Gummies
- 1 pack Flavored Jello 3 ounce
- 1 dram Extra Flavor (if desired)
- 28 g Gelatin
- 2 tsp Soy Lecithin
- 8 tbsp Infused Coconut Oil
- 1 3/4 cup Water, divided
- Combine Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil, Soy Lecithin and 3/4 cup of water in a saucepan. Heat on low-medium until all blended.
- Add gelatin to 1 cup of boiling water, whisk thoroughly.
- Add Jello package to gelatin water and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the gelatin/water/jello mix to the pot with the oil/lecithin/water and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking briskly. Continue whisking boiling mixture for 6 minutes, adjusting heat as needed to prevent over/under boiling.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool slightly before pouring into molds.
- Allow 2 hours to completely cool at room temperature.
- Remove gummy candies from molds and allow to air dry for 48 to 60 hours. Turn gummy candies over if tops are shrinking faster than the rest of the gummy.
DosageConsume 1 Gummy candy every 2 to 4 hours.
To browse a great selection of LorAnn flavours, please visit Gourmet Warehouse.
For more great recipes, please visit Stoners Recipe Index.