Cannabis Infused Fettuccine Alfredo
Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta
Start Fettuccine Alfredo by cooking your fettuccine noodles. Use enough water for the pasta to freely swim around. Next, salt the water using at least 1 tablespoon of salt per 3 litres of water. Bring salted water to a full rolling boil before adding pasta. As you drop the pasta into boiling water, stir to prevent the fettuccine noodles from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Follow package instructions and remove from water at ‘al dente’ stage. Reserve one cup of pasta water for the sauce.
Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce
Cannnabutter is the basis for the infusion in Fettuccine Alfredo. If you have previously prepared cannabutter, Fettuccine Alfredo is one of the best tasting, easiest meal choices you can make. Start sauce by heating cannabutter and cream in a large skillet over medium heat. When heated through and butter is melted, whisk in the cheese. Season, add pasta water to thin the sauce and remove from heat.
Mix Pasta and Sauce
Add cooked fettuccine to skillet and toss until fettuccine noodles become coated in sauce. Distribute evenly onto 4 dinner plates. Garnish with fresh parsley, if using. Your Fettuccine Alfredo is done. Serve immediately.
Choosing Parmesan Cheese
Fresh Parmesan is always the best choice for Fettuccine Alfredo. However, dry Parmesan cheese is an inexpensive alternative that you may already have on hand. One drawback is that dry Parmesan contains cellulose (sawdust) and can be hard on the stomach.
Although Fettuccine Alfredo is high in calories and low in dietary fiber, you can make it healthier with small tweaks. For instance, use whole wheat pasta instead of traditional white pasta to increase dietary fiber. Also, add vegetables as a side dish for more vitamins and added fiber. Plus, you can add a healthy dose of protein by using cooked lean meat such as chicken breast or pork loin. Additionally, shrimp tastes great with rich pasta dishes.
Gluten Free Options
First and foremost, zucchini and squash are the best choices for substitution in Fettuccine Alfredo. If you follow a gluten free diet, there are several alternatives to consider. Use thick rice sticks found in the Asian cuisine section of the grocery store. Of course, they have a different taste and consistency than wheat noodles, but they will work. Because the rice noodles are very sticky once they have been drained, put them in sauce immediately. Alternatively, you can split the pasta among four separate plates and spoon the sauce over each plate to prevent clumping.
Some things you will need to make cannabis infused Fettuccine Alfredo:
- 500 grams fettuccine noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry grated parmesan use freshly shredded, if preferred
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley for garnish optional
- In a large pot, heat salted water to a rolling boil. Add pasta and cook according to the directions on the package. Set aside 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add cannabutter and cream. Cook until well heated and butter melts. Watch closely to prevent scorching the cream.
- Whisk Parmesan into the heated butter and cream. Add salt and pepper. If the sauce is too thick, add some or all (add only one Tablespoon at a time) of the reserved pasta water to thin the sauce down.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and gently toss until pasta is coated with sauce.
- Generously garnish with parsley and serve.
2 thoughts on “How to Make Cannabis Infused Fettuccine Alfredo”
I followed this receipt and it was awesome thanks you
Excellent infused fettuccine alfredo recipe and I will share this recipe with my friends